Sunday, September 16, 2007

T-U-L-I-P and L-I-L-I-E-S


Over at his blog, David Koyzis challenged readers to update the famous reformed acronym T-U-L-I-P, still keeping the acronym as the name of a flower (HT: Jollyblogger). I think he meant it as merely a fun exercise, but I decided to give it a serious turn.

You'll recall that the famous T-U-L-I-P is as follows:

Total depravity
Unconditional election
Limited atonement
Irresistible grace
Perseverance of the saints

Here's my update, L-I-L-I-E-S:

L-- Loved by the Father before the foundation of the world

I - Incapacitated by sin

L - Lovingly justified by the cross of Christ

I - Irresistibly drawn by the Spirit

E - Elected by grace alone

S - Sovereignly preserved and sanctified


What do you think? Are the main points of reformed theology covered in my acronym? Might it be easier to remember than TULIP?

Anyone else want to give it a try? You may post an entry in the comments section.

No comments: