Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Book Reviews Coming Shortly

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to try my hand at reviewing books here at Jordan's View. The first two books I intend to review in the near future are titled The Barbarian Way, by Erwin Raphael McManus and The Slumber of Christianity: Awakening a Passion for Heaven on Earth, by Ted Dekker. Interestingly, the two books, both sent to me from Thomas Nelson publishing, deal with a similar topic-- both look at the state of the church today, and both present a vision of what the church ought to be, challenging the reader to become more passionate in the pursuit of Christ.

I'm glad to be reading these kinds of books at the moment-- they're just what the doctor (Holy Spirit, that is) ordered. Be on the look out for the reviews to be posted within the next week and a half.

No comments: