Thursday, May 31, 2007

Follow-up post on Election Coming Soon

Dear readers:

I expect to be posting "part 2" of the article on "Objections to Unconditional Election" either tonight or sometime tomorrow. Though time-consuming, it has been good to review the arguments against unconditional election, for in responding to such objections I'm more convinced of the strength of the argument for the reformed position on these "doctrines of grace", and their solid biblical underpinning.

My chief desire is that if these doctrines are true that they might also be preached strongly, that God might be glorified in them and through them. The doctrine of unconditional election, for example, seems to me to give all the credit for our salvation to God alone, as is fitting.

Thank you for reading, and for your support.

P.S. In the interest of keeping these posts a little bit shorter (and thus more reader-friendly?), I will include more material that is responding to objections to unconditional election in a third article. In that article I will discuss particularly the objections that have been raised in regard to my argument from Romans 9. I will try to finish off any other objections in that post as well, so that I may proceed with the next topic in this series: the nature of the Atonement.

No comments: