Saturday, July 23, 2005

Christian Apologetics Manifesto-17 Theses by Doug Groothuis

New blogger Doug Groothuis, a philosophy professor and author, has posted a fine article (click title link above), on his site Culture Watch: Thoughts of a Constructive Curmudgeon. I believe his thoughts/directives concerning how we should conduct ourselves as Christian apologists is a good complement to the Francis Schaeffer's 1982 address The Christian Manifesto that I recently posted.

I am pleased to continue to find all of these great resources for Christians which can help and challenge us as we mature in the faith, as well as become better ambassadors.

What I am challenged by personally is the thought that we must be intellectually prepared to provide a defense of the faith as reasonable, and at the same time, we should be spurred on by our passion for the lost.

I have to admit that the passion has been lacking sometimes, perhaps because I am not following through on actually sharing with "live" people, but getting too bogged down with working out all the arguments. Peter and the other disciples were unschooled men, yet the Spirit of wisdom was working inside them, enabling them to confound even educated religious leaders. Praise God!

On the other hand, I do view my blog as a tool of apologetics and I have been working quite hard on it. And since I enjoy writing, it is a good and natural way for me to make a contribution to the marketplace of ideas. Yet I ought to do both-- take it to the streets-- and -- blog it!

P.S. Check out the Apologetics and Culture section-- I have added a number of new links to excellent apologetic resources.

7 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your plastic surgery baltimore blog.

job opportunitya said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
Click on my plastic surgery before and after photo blog before its to late.

job opportunitya said...

Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
yours in my spare time.
I can't explain, but you need to check my plastic surgery san diego blog!

job opportunitya said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Please come by and see my plastic surgery washington dc blog.

job opportunitya said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
I hope you had a chance to check out my plastic surgery seattle blog.

job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Stop by and visiit my plastic surgery illinois blog!

job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
I beg of you, just check out my plastic surgery illinois blog.