Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Seven Questions, Seven Answers


Charlie Lehardy, over at AnotherThink (he's my good friend that I met at GodBlogCon'05, and now, a finalist for "Best Religious Blog" in the 2005 Weblog Awards!), was recently tagged to participate in a new "meme". As he described it on his own meme post, "a meme is something like a chain letter that spreads from blogger to blogger until someone starts a new one. Most memes seem to involve lists. This one requires seven answers to seven questions:

1. Seven things I'd like to do before I die.
2. Seven things I cannot do.
3. Seven things that attract me to my wife.
4. Seven things I say most often.
5. Seven books I love.
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again.
7. Seven people I want to invite to join this meme."

Now Charlie has tagged me, and today I'm finally getting around to posting my responses. Here they are:

Seven (how about 8) things to do before I die:

* Travel around the world
* Get meself published (articles, books)
* Complete all my unfinished songs, record and perform them
* Have children and raise them well
* Play cool "leads" on guitar
* Play a cool lead in a show
* Win a Grammy or some other big award
* Leave behind a lasting Christian legacy

Seven things I cannot do:

* Dunk a basketball into the hoop on a real basketball court
* Fold towels properly (well, not quickly anyway)
* Tie a bow tie
* Calculus
* Not correct a spelling error
* Drink without making loud gulping noises (according to my wife)
* Drive under 50 miles an hour on the highway (just kidding, officer)

Seven things that attract me to my wife:

* She's quite the cutie
* Her lovely and compassionate heart
* She laughs at my goofball humor; and can be quite a goof herself
* Her intelligent and creative mind/her artistic bent
* Her persevering, growing faith in God
* Her loyalty
* She loves me graciously, despite my many flaws

Seven things I say most often:

* "You know", or, "you know what I mean?"
* "Well,"
* "Anyway,"
* "Huh?"
* "I think"
* "Well... a blog is..." (responding to "what is a blog?")
* "I understand"

Seven books (or series) I love:

* The Bible
* Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
* Mostly anything from John Piper, Derek Prince or Andrew Murray
* Everybody Loves Raymond (the question said series, I guess that includes TV series)
* Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
* Greater Works: Experiencing God's Power by Smith Wigglesworth
* Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Seven (or 8) movies I have watched many times... and still enjoy watching

* The Sound of Music
* Groundhog Day
* It's a Wonderful Life
* The Wizard of Oz
* A Hard Day's Night
* Sleeper
* Tootsie
* Scent of a Woman

Seven people I want to join in, too

I don't think I'll post that right now, or this post will be delayed by another week!

No comments: